- practice talk: From Content to Coding: Discover the Power Tool Embedded in your Browser
- Pythonic Pitfalls: DataFrame.loc in pandas
We'll start at 7pm sharp with an installment of our Pythonic Pitfalls series, exploring common beginner errors using DataFrame.loc in pandas.
Then after introductions, John will give a practice talk intended to be given to the general public, hopefully cosponsored with local public libraries, to expand our membership:
From Content to Coding: Discover the Power Tool Embedded in your Browser
The aim is not to teach, but to spark interest, introduce some basic concepts and a really cool tool, and link to further info.
Only the most hard-core back-end developer would learn anything from this very introductory front-end talk, but we ask you to imagine yourself giving this talk at your local library, and help with suggestions on how to improve it.
This talk is part of a planned series of talks for complete beginners; unlike this one, the rest will focus on python.
And as always you're invited to update us on your project/idea/question when you introduce yourself, or to just sit back and enjoy the code!
Future meetings will include:
- data visualization in Pandas
- crash course in deep learning
- learn python from scratch
Plus our ongoing series:
- Auto-mania explores automated transformation of source code.
- Demysti-py looks at how familiar constructs are implemented.
- Pythonic pitfalls: error fu deepens your understanding of fundamentals.
- Deep reading explores and applies academic articles on deep learning.
- New tool roundup by our resident code hound keeps you updated.